Game Changers: Ann Wool
Wool, with son Marlon (left) and daughter Natasha, credits
team-building for Ketchum’s success.
Partner, Managing Director
Wool credits the success to choosing the right team. “We spend a lot of time working and traveling together, so you get to know somebody extremely well,” Wool said. “We’ve got to like and respect each other, and be very passionate about what we’re doing.”
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: Pick your battles carefully. Don’t waste time to win a point and lose sight of what’s important to make progress.
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago?: Trust your gut.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: My dad. Throughout his career, he was highly regarded for having unshakable integrity, for treating people with respect, and for being successful by working damn hard and earning everything through perseverance and not trying to take shortcuts.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: We are always looking for people who thrive in a team environment and people who have great listening skills. It is fundamental to being a good counselor.
- Outside of work and family, I’m spending a lot of my time on …: My big resolve for 2012 is making sure I get a daily four-mile run in before the kids get up. It’s my time for thinking and planning my day.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“There is an immediate level of trust in Ann that you get from the minute you meet her. She has great stories to go along with each piece of counsel she provides. Not only is this comforting as a client, but it is inspiring as a woman in this business to have such a well-respected colleague in the industry.”
- Jessica Weidensall, director of global public relations, World Triathlon Corp.