Game Changers: Casey Coffman
Coffman’s drive isn’t limited to the workplace.
SVP, Corporate Strategy and Development
Coffman said teamwork is essential in her post and that her experience with sales and marketing matched with her legal background — she was senior division counsel to Minute Maid Co. — have given her the skills to thrive at companies that own multiple properties.
“Having someone play the role of quarterback when you have a lot of resources at your disposal is very important, and I’ve played that role,” Coffman said. “Because I’ve experienced a lot of the areas, I can understand what each person brings to the table.”
- Biggest professional disappointment: Always wanted to start at shooting guard for the New York Liberty.
- What is the best advice you've ever received?: My mother used to say, “There is no mess that can’t be cleaned up.”
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Teamwork, open communication and collaboration.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: My father has always had the most important influence on my career. He has provided the perfect balance of offering strong and sound advice while providing me the room to take chances and make my own decisions.
- Woman in sports business you'd most like to meet: Condoleezza Rice. While she’s not technically in sports, I hear she has a good golf game.
- One attribute I look for in hiring is …: International experience.
- If I had to do it over again, I would …: Have worked more on my jumper.
WHAT OTHERSARE SAYING
“Her job scope and accomplishments both with the Stars and now with the [New York] Rangers and MSG have evolved far beyond the typical legal sphere. She is a creative and dedicated business person who prides herself in crafting innovative solutions to difficult business problems.”
- Bill Daly, NHL deputy commissioner