Group Created with Sketch.
Volume 24 No. 112
  • Created with Sketch.
  • Created with Sketch.
  • Created with Sketch.

Braves, Cobb County To Unveil Financial Details Of Ballpark Plan

Financial details of the Braves' proposed ballpark in Cobb County (Ga.) will be released today, and County Chair Tim Lee said that the Braves are paying for 55% of the $672M cost of the venue. Lee said the other 45% "will be funded without a tax increase" for more than 95% of county residents. County Commissioner Helen Goreham said, "The taxpayers are going to be pleased with the arrangement." She "believes the finances will work to the county's advantage" (MARIETTA DAILY JOURNAL, 11/14).