Binge Watching With Buzzer Founder & CEO Bo Han
This week, THE DAILY caught up with Buzzer Founder & CEO BO HAN to break down what's on his watchlist. Han's startup recently announced a $4M round of seed funding led by Lerer Hippeau and Sapphire Sport. Some responses have been edited for clarity and brevity:
- For anyone who is looking to get an introduction to Formula 1, "FORMULA 1: DRIVE TO SURVIVE" is a perfect primer. A good friend of mine, Endeavor Senior Dir of Social & Digital JOSH TUCKER, recommended this show awhile back when I expressed a newfound love for F1 after watching, "SENNA," a documentary about the legendary Brazilian F1 driver AYRTON SENNA.
- Other than "THE LAST DANCE," the most powerful basketball documentary I’ve seen is STEPHON MARBURY’s "A KID FROM CONEY ISLAND." The doc is so Starbury. It’s raw, personal, vulnerable and honest. I loved this story because it’s ultimately about growth and redemption.
- Although I grew up a Manchester United fan (thanks to fellow Korean national JI-SUNG PARK), the latest installation of "ALL OR NOTHING: MANCHESTER CITY" was an enjoyable watch. From the locker rooms to the training pitches, to have a front-row seat to PEP GUARDIOLA’s unique management styles, philosophies and mannerisms made me a big fan of his.
- I started my career at Microsoft, and while I’ve always maintained a profound respect for BILL GATES as a visionary, business leader and philanthropist, he has always remained a mystery to me. "INSIDE BILL'S BRAIN: DECODING BILL GATES" not only provides a great profile on his personal life, but it also focuses on the Gates Foundation’s major initiatives.
- Since watching "JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI," I’ve been keenly interested in all storytelling around food. I love that behind beautiful food, there’s a painful obsession for the quest for perfection. That absolute commitment and discipline for perfection is personally inspiring to me, and is chronicled in "CHEF'S TABLE." Season 1 focuses on BBQ.
Interested in sharing your binge watching favorites with the industry? Contact Andrew Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.