Going Off The Grid: Execs Talk Issues Facing Sports Industry Heading Into '18, Esports
"Going Off The Grid" is a weekly survey of sports execs and personalities offering their thoughts on a handful of pressing (and trivial) issues in sports and pop culture. This week, panelists offer their opinions on the biggest issues in sports heading into '18 and their high school nickname.
- Sports Media Advisors Senior VP & Partner Dan Shevchik
– Favorite TV shows on today include "Master of None" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
- ESG Law Founding Partner and Catalyst Sports & Media Exec VP Bryce Blum
– Favorite late night show is "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
- The Players' Tribune VP/Brand Partnership Sales Jared Schoenfeld
– Plans on picking up an electric keyboard to learn how to make some tunes.
- USA Taekwondo Exec Dir Steve McNally
– Highly recommends the graphic novel "My Favorite Thing is Monsters" by Emil Ferris.
|Going Off The Grid|
|Go-to karaoke song||High school nickname||Biggest issue in sports heading into '18?||Favorite NFL broadcast team||Next big growth spot for esports?|
|"No Rain" by Blind Melon||Shevy||How to best capitalize on changing consumer consumption habits||Bill Hillgrove and Tunch Ilkin on Steelers radio||National teams and competitions could be on the horizon|
|"Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore||Twin||The ongoing hypocrisy of NCAA rules and regulations||Fox' Joe Buck and Troy Aikman||Development in business -- social media, lifestyle apparel, data, analytics|
|"Notorious Thugs" by Biggie Smalls||Schoeny and Shoey||Oversaturation and how to create unique content that differentiates||Buck and Aikman||Cross-sport participants
|"Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis||Macca||Inflationary pressure on payments to players||You're asking the wrong guy!
|Gambling could take a much more serious hold over it in years to come|