Going Off The Grid: Execs Talk NFL Offseason Storylines, PGA Championship Scheduling
"Going Off The Grid" is a weekly survey of sports execs and personalities offering their thoughts on a handful of pressing (and trivial) issues in sports and pop culture. This week, panelists chime in on what NFL storylines they've been following, as well as their best summer road trip.
- WNBA N.Y. Liberty Senior VP/Business & Basketball Operations Kristin Bernert
– Closely follows music in pop culture.
- Texas Motor Speedway VP/Sales Jason Wonderly
– Was disappointed in Michael Phelps' "race" during Shark Week.
- AHL Charlotte Checkers COO Tera Black
– Follows whatever her kids are talking about -- currently fidget spinners.
|Going Off The Grid|
|Most-followed NFL offseason storyline||Moving PGA Championship date the right call?||Best summer road trip||Your go-to
|Are you watching "Hard Knocks"?|
|Colin Kaepernick||I honestly don't know where it currently falls||Just had a great one -- drove from L.A. to Seattle||Grande Pike
|Raiders (viva Las Vegas)||Love tradition, but change brings opportunity||My adventure to Texas for my new gig||The grab and go||Not this season, but I have before|
|We did some marketing work for the Panthers' training camp||The logic behind the schedule change is solid||To our family cabin at Harrison Lake in British Columbia||Just coffee and a little cream||We cut the cord a few years back, so no|
Do you want to get your thoughts in the Grid? If so, shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.