DUCKS PERCHED ATOP NHL'S TOP U.S. MERCHANDISE SELLERS
The Mighty Ducks seem poised to stay perched atop the NHL in
terms of team merchandise sales. The second-year franchise ranks
No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 3 in Canada. Below are the Top 10
teams in merchandising sales in the U.S. and Canada (combined
North American figures are still being calculated by the league).
The rankings are based on sales from July 1, 1994-March 15, 1995.
The NHL expects $1B in sales at year's end (THE DAILY).
SALES (U.S.) SALES (CANADA)
1. Ducks 6. Sharks 1. Leafs 6. Sharks
2. Blackhawks 7. Bruins 2. Canadiens 7. Flames
3. Rangers 8. Blues 3. Ducks 8. Wings
4. Red Wings 9. Panthers 4. Canucks 9. Bruins
5. Penguins 10. Kings 5. Panthers 10. B'Hawks