2017 Sports Business Awards nominees Nominees for 2017 Sports Business Awards Faces and Places at SBA Best Talent Representation Sports Business Awards: Judges panel For Selig, challenges led to triumphs Winners photos at Sports Business Awards Sports Business Awards: The winners Sports Business Awards: All about the team Lessons from a life in baseball
SBJ/May 16 - 22, 2016/Sports Business Awards
Best Talent Representation of the Year
Published May 23, 2016
- Assembled an endorsement portfolio for J.J. Watt that makes the Houston Texans defensive end one of the most marketed players in the NFL.
- Secured multiple deals for San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey, including one with New Era that includes a hat line that raises awareness and money to fight pediatric cancer.
- Helped skateboarder and snowboarder Shaun White launch his Air & Style event, and extended his partnership with Target.
- Represented Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota off the field, securing endorsements with Nissan and Subway, and companies that highlight his Hawaiian roots, including Hawaiian Airlines.
- Negotiated a five-year, $113 million deal for Kevin Love to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers and negotiated several new endorsement deals for him.
- Built out charitable components for endorsements tied to Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw.
- Managed client Serena Williams as she won three of the four Grand Slams; deals included JPMorgan Chase, Pepsi, Mini Cooper and IBM.
- Represented Carolina Panthers quarterback and NFL MVP Cam Newton in off-the-field endeavors, including his long-term extension with Under Armour and national campaigns for Gatorade and Dannon.
- Represented U.S. soccer heroine Carli Lloyd, landing her deals with Visa, Nike and Comcast Infinity, and booking more than 20 speaking engagements.
- Represented Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry during his breakout year, including negotiating a groundbreaking deal with Under Armour.
- Managed Michael Phelps’ return to the pool, arranging a swimwear deal with Aqua Sphere and a deal with Under Armour.
- Negotiated an eight-year, $60 million deal for former KHL rookie of the year Vladimir Tarasenko with the St. Louis Blues.
- Represented quarterback Jameis Winston, who was drafted No. 1 overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last year.
- Signed and represented Houston Astros shortstop Carlos Correa in 2015, the year he won American League Rookie of the Year, and negotiated 10 endorsement deals for him.
- Negotiated multiple deals for decorated volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings, including endorsements and a documentary about her.