SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: Rana Dershowitz
Published October 8, 2012, Page 16
Dershowitz was an archaeology major in college
and enjoys visiting sites around the world.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: From my parents: strongly encouraging me to make sure I explored a wide range of interests and possibilities before settling on a course of study or career path.
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago?: Remember to stop and reassess every few years.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Frank Murphy, then senior vice president of basketball operations for the New York Knicks (while I was in-house counsel).
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Jeanie Buss. She must have a fascinating perspective on women in sports business.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“I’ve always really appreciated her ability to think through how a given decision will impact the parties at a negotiating table in practice, as well as her ability to think about the logic and rationale behind the positions that are taken by other parties with a view towards reaching an agreement that works for everyone involved.”
- Peter Zern, Covington & Burling