36 make up new Game Changers class Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose
SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: Rana Dershowitz
Published October 8, 2012, Page 16
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Dershowitz was an archaeology major in college
and enjoys visiting sites around the world.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: From my parents: strongly encouraging me to make sure I explored a wide range of interests and possibilities before settling on a course of study or career path.
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago?: Remember to stop and reassess every few years.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Frank Murphy, then senior vice president of basketball operations for the New York Knicks (while I was in-house counsel).
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Jeanie Buss. She must have a fascinating perspective on women in sports business.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“I’ve always really appreciated her ability to think through how a given decision will impact the parties at a negotiating table in practice, as well as her ability to think about the logic and rationale behind the positions that are taken by other parties with a view towards reaching an agreement that works for everyone involved.”
- Peter Zern, Covington & Burling