Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose Game Changers: Andrea Williams
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: Beth Hirschhorn
Published October 8, 2012, Page 42
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
For Hirschhorn, with Giants owner Steve Tisch (left) and
Jets owner Woody Johnson, the MetLife Stadium represents
more than signage.
EVP, Global Brand, Marketing and Communications
- Crowning professional achievement: MetLife Stadium is certainly the most visible, but to me it is really the overall portfolio of reimagined properties and products for MetLife.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: A problem well defined is 80 percent solved.
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago?: If you’re doing work you believe in and you’re good at it, you will always succeed.
- How would you describe effective business leadership?: A constant stream of decisions and executions with a destination in mind.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Russ Herz, my mentor and boss at JPMorgan Chase (now retired). He was hard on me, but I learned so much from him.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: Most people not realizing that sports marketing is less about sports than it is about marketing.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: Imagination.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Beth is very sharp and rational. She doesn’t find reasons not to do something. When we asked her about the stadium entitlement, she was willing to devote time and resources. Other people said no first before they even knew why. She was willing to think it through.”
- Mark Lamping, Jacksonville Jaguars president, formerly MetLife Stadium president and CEO