Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/June 4-10, 2012/Opinion
Starting next Monday, SBD Global will bring you the world
Published June 4, 2012, Page 22
It’s been a goal of ours for years, to help package and summarize the key business stories from around the world in a product that would complement both SportsBusiness Daily and SportsBusiness Journal. We have established an editorial staff at our headquarters in Charlotte that will largely handle the aggregation and summarizing, as well as do original reporting. We also will be drawing on the editorial strength of SBD/SBJ to help round out our coverage. In addition, we will be targeting select freelancers and editorial talent in vital markets around the world. We will be analyzing and focusing on sports business news and information in multiple languages and translating to English to deliver a smart executive news briefing to you every business day.
The online SBD Global will be very similar to SBD, with a strong mix of aggregation, curation and original content. We will link to original sources, allowing you to seek out more depth on topics you are interested in. Our content areas of focus will be similar as well, with emphasis on:
• Sponsorship, advertising and marketing.
• Media and rights agreements and distribution deals.
• League and governing body issues.
• Franchise and facility development.
• Global events like the Olympics, World Cup, Hong Kong Rugby Sevens, Commonwealth Games, Cricket World Cup, Asian Games, Tour de France, Copa del Rey, Champions Cup.
• Executive moves and transactions.
• Finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
• Company launches.
• New technology and mobile development and distribution.
• Agency news and business.
• People and personalities who make up the business.
|From left: staff writers Nicolas Journel and Kristen Heimstead, managing editor David Morgan, and assistant managing editor Brandon Zimmerman.
Our editorial team will be headed by Managing Editor David Morgan, who joins us after 21 years at The Hollywood Reporter. David has established a strong group in Charlotte handling the day-to-day news operation. If you have news, information or ideas, you can contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, for your distribution list, please send releases, news and executive transactions to email@example.com.
We are very excited about this initiative, a new publication that is complementary to our long-standing SBD/SBJ services. We would love your ideas, questions, thoughts and comments as we look to better serve your global sports business news needs.
Abraham D. Madkour can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.