Many executives last week described having inconsistent perceptions of Ted Forstmann, who died Nov. 27 from brain cancer. Contradictions marked Forstmann’s life, business career and seven years at the helm of IMG.
Ted Forstmann left a clear, final order for IMG senior management before his death: Do not sell the company.
The seventh annual SportsBusiness Journal/SportsBusiness Daily Reader Survey attracted more than 2,000 votes as readers gave their opinion on the key issues and key people that drive the industry.
NASCAR team and agency executives have been concerned that sponsor fragmentation would lead to race fans having trouble connecting with drivers and the sport, but a recent study by Turnkey Intelligence shows there is no reason to worry.
Despite the differences between George Bodenheimer and John Skipper in personality and approach, executives from inside and outside ESPN last week said they did not expect the company to change its approach to sports business as the network makes a transition in its top executive.
- SBJ/SBD Reader Survey
- About you and the industry, Reader Surve...
- Facilities, Reader Survey 2011
- Media, Reader Survey 2011
- Sponsorship, Reader Survey 2011
- NFL, Reader Survey 2011
- MLB, Reader Survey 2011
- NBA, Reader Survey 2011
- NHL, Reader Survey 2011
- Motorsports, Reader Survey 2011
- Teams and leagues, Reader Survey 2011
- College, Reader Survey 2011
- Labor and agents, Reader Survey 2011
- Best of the rest, Reader Survey 2011