SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Sarah Mensah
Published October 10, 2011, Page 25A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Mensah stands with son Davis, 11, outside the Rose Garden, which received gold LEED certification.
Chief Operating Officer
- First job: Production coordinator for local NBC affiliate KGW-TV.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: My current boss, Larry Miller, who has been a mentor and the most significant contributor to my career in sports.
- Woman in sports business you'd most like to meet: Billie Jean King, because she is this amazing icon of what it means to achieve as a female in a predominately male environment.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would …: Do everything the same, except maybe to start my family earlier. My son is turning 12, and I feel old at 46.
- Ten years from now, I hope to be …: At a professional sports presidents meeting (either NFL, NBA or MLB) with a lot of other women there who are running teams. I’d also like to be able to have achieved the ultimate: winning a championship and turning a profit all at the same time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“[Sarah] has got an extremely demanding schedule and she is on everyone’s radar screen, but she makes you feel important.”
- Don Pearson, regional president, Wells Fargo Bank, a team sponsor