SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Sarah Mensah
Published October 10, 2011, Page 25A
Mensah stands with son Davis, 11, outside the Rose Garden, which received gold LEED certification.
Chief Operating Officer
- First job: Production coordinator for local NBC affiliate KGW-TV.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: My current boss, Larry Miller, who has been a mentor and the most significant contributor to my career in sports.
- Woman in sports business you'd most like to meet: Billie Jean King, because she is this amazing icon of what it means to achieve as a female in a predominately male environment.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would …: Do everything the same, except maybe to start my family earlier. My son is turning 12, and I feel old at 46.
- Ten years from now, I hope to be …: At a professional sports presidents meeting (either NFL, NBA or MLB) with a lot of other women there who are running teams. I’d also like to be able to have achieved the ultimate: winning a championship and turning a profit all at the same time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“[Sarah] has got an extremely demanding schedule and she is on everyone’s radar screen, but she makes you feel important.”
- Don Pearson, regional president, Wells Fargo Bank, a team sponsor