Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Rebecca Schulte
Published October 10, 2011, Page 30A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Schulte, with husband Ray, hopes to watch 2-year-old Ryan in sporting events someday.
SVP, General Manager
- First job: Growing up in Los Angeles, I did some acting along with my twin sister. It was mostly small parts, but it was my first experience in television.
- What is the best advice you've ever received: Work for the job you want, not the job you have. It is a challenge to consistently improve your performance, regardless of position, and seek opportunities for growth.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Tracy Dolgin, president and CEO, YES Network.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: A passion for making great television.
- Ten years from now, I hope to be …: Still be producing great sports television, but also attending sporting events that my son is playing in.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“I’ve worked with Rebecca for more than four years, and it was evident from the outset that she was committed to building partnerships and delivering the best possible broadcast product to sports fans in the Washington, D.C., and Baltimore markets.”
- Ted Leonsis, founder and chairman, Monumental Sports & Entertainment