SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Paula Yancey
Published October 10, 2011, Page 40A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Yancey escapes from the facilities biz at the family’s property in Iowa.
- Crowning professional achievement: Opening the KFC Yum! Center one month early.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: That I wasn’t irreplaceable.
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Tough, fair; expect dedication from everyone on a project.
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Lesa France Kennedy. She has such great composure and fortitude to be where she is and have faced such adversity.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: Garnering respect at the start of a project.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“If you don’t have people like Paula, there is a huge disconnect between the architect and the guy out there swinging a hammer. She knows when to have a smile on her face and when to go toe-to-toe with you.”
- John Sparks, general manager of Barclays Center, former general manager at AT&T Center