Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Paula Yancey
Published October 10, 2011, Page 40A
Yancey escapes from the facilities biz at the family’s property in Iowa.
- Crowning professional achievement: Opening the KFC Yum! Center one month early.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: That I wasn’t irreplaceable.
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Tough, fair; expect dedication from everyone on a project.
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Lesa France Kennedy. She has such great composure and fortitude to be where she is and have faced such adversity.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: Garnering respect at the start of a project.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“If you don’t have people like Paula, there is a huge disconnect between the architect and the guy out there swinging a hammer. She knows when to have a smile on her face and when to go toe-to-toe with you.”
- John Sparks, general manager of Barclays Center, former general manager at AT&T Center