36 make up new Game Changers class Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose
SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Christina Miller
Published October 10, 2011, Page 30A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Miller, with Turner’s Lenny Daniels, put MLB images in subway cars in New York City, where she has roots.
Turner Sports, SVP, Strategy, Marketing and Programming
- Crowning professional achievement: Being part of the team that brought you this year’s NCAA March Madness tournament across four television networks with one branded, unified voice for the first time.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: You have two ears and one mouth; spend more time listening.
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Choose smart, kind people, take calculated risks and have fun.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: David Levy.
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Venus Williams. As an athlete and entrepreneur, she is truly impressive and she has emerged as a modern day Billie Jean King. ... She is an entrepreneur who is true to herself, building her brand for the long term and continuing the battle for equal pay for women that Billie Jean championed for so long.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: Smart and kind; one without the other does not do well in the workplace.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would …: Have started working for [Turner Sports COO] Lenny Daniels sooner.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Christina has proven herself to be a leader in sports and entertainment marketing. Her strategic approach consistently delivers results that help drive business for Turner Sports and its partners.”
- Jacqueline Parkes, chief marketing officer, Major League Baseball