36 make up new Game Changers class Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose
SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Amy Trask
Published October 10, 2011, Page 27A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Trask serves on the Animal Rescue Foundation board
but takes on a more menacing look when stalking the
Chief Executive Officer
“One of the biggest misconceptions is I am a businessperson who happens to be in the business of football,” Trask said. “I am a football person. I consider myself a football person who operates in a business capacity. I love this game.”
Her signature initiative in the past year was getting every non-playing member of the organization, including the head coach, involved in selling season tickets, an imperative for the blackout-riddled franchise.
She joined the organization in the 1980s as a lawyer but quickly moved beyond that role, ultimately gaining the CEO title in 1997.
- Crowning professional achievement: Winning the AFC championship game in January 2003.
- Biggest professional disappointment: Losing the Super Bowl in January 2003.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: Hard work matters.
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Communicative, cooperative and collaborative.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Al Davis.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: Intelligence, coupled with passion, commitment and desire.
- Ten years from now, I hope to be …: Wearing lots of Super Bowl jewelry.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“She is a really tremendous and forceful advocate for the interest of the league and, in particular, the Raiders. She is not afraid to speak up and challenge convention.”
- Matt Higgins, New York Jets executive vice president, business operations