SBJ/October 10-16, 2011/Game Changers
Game Changers: Amy Latimer
Published October 10, 2011, Page 22A
Latimer got a chance to spend some time with the
Stanley Cup after the Bruins’ championship, and hopes
to do it again and again in the coming years.
SVP, Sales and Marketing
- Crowning professional achievement: Being part of the 2011 Stanley Cup championship.
- Biggest professional disappointment: The 2005 NHL lockout. They canceled the season on my birthday.
- What is the best advice you've ever received?: Work smarter, not harder.
- In 10 words or less, how would you describe your management style?: Empower my team to make decisions. Make mistakes, enjoy success.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: Not controlling the on-ice product.
- One attribute I look for when hiring is …: Value of teamwork.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would …: Perfect my golf game.
- Ten years from now, I hope to be …: Fitted for my 10th Stanley Cup championship ring.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Amy is incredibly articulate and has the ability to introduce complex ideas and synthesize them down to the basics. And she’s one of the brightest in the room when we are discussing revenue generation at the team level.”
- David Peart, Pittsburgh Penguins senior vice president, sales and service