EPFL Welcomes Prize Money Increase Belgian Tax Collectors Swoop On FA EPL Fans To Protest Over Ticket Prices Prince Ali Criticizes FIFA's Spending Football Notes Clubs Against Homegrown Player Proposals Les Ferdinand Calls For Rooney Rule UEFA Elects David Gill As Britain's FIFA VP Spanish Football To Decide On Strike Racism Widespread In English Football
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/April 2, 2014/International Football
Uruguayan FA Board Execs Resign Following Last Week's Fight; FIFA Could Investigate
Published April 2, 2014
CONMEBOL PRESIDENT WEIGHS IN: REUTERS' Malena Castaldi reported Bauzá said in his resignation letter, "The well publicised acts that have occurred in recent times show the need for (the AUF board to take) a step to one side and allow other political views to govern our football." CONMEBOL President Eugenio Figueredo, a Uruguayan, said that he "knew of no FIFA investigation into the AUF." Figueredo: "I'm totally unaware (of this FIFA story). The truth is I have no news from CONMEBOL or FIFA. You can't draw conclusions from a rumor. When governments intervene, a national association is provisionally suspended (by FIFA)... But I have no proof the government played a part in Bauzá's exit." Figueredo added, "The World Cup is already on top of us. Can you imagine a national association being suspended (now) for an internal or sports politics matter? FIFA is a bit more serious. I don't think Uruguay's place at the World Cup is at risk" (REUTERS, 3/31).
FIFA DECLINES COMMENT: LOS ANDES reported a FIFA spokesperson said, "At the moment, FIFA has not been officially informed of the situation regarding the Uruguayan FA. Therefore, we will not comment on this" (LOS ANDES, 4/1).