Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/February 21, 2014/Leagues and Governing Bodies
National Rugby League Considering Salary Cap Proposal To Help Clubs Recruit Players
Published February 21, 2014
- Centrally contracting big-name players through "ambassador" payments from the NRL.
- Including transfer fees, such as the A$300,000 ($269,400) Brisbane paid Canterbury to release fullback Ben Barba, in the cap.
- Rolling the existing marquee player allowance into an increased salary cap.
- Clubs putting up a A$10,000 bond to appeal salary cap rulings and a further A$30,000 bond to take the issue to a hearing.
- Lifting the second-tier salary cap to A$440,000 to avoid situations such as Luke Brooks and Matt Moylan being prevented from playing NRL last year.
- Extending the long-serving player allowance to include those who had played six years with a club (SMH, 2/21).