Swiss Athletics To Pay For Championships RTL Considers Bidding On Bundesliga Rights Berlin To Unveil Concept For '24 Olympics Bild Launches YouTube Channel Sochi Olympic Site 'Completely Empty' Rosberg Will Not Face Sanction From FIA Nexen Tire Expands Marketing In Europe Sky Deutschland Increases Prices Bundesliga Draws Top Ratings On Sky Stan Wawrinka Re-Signs With Yonex
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/October 31, 2012/Olympics
Madrid Guarantees More Than 80,000 Hotel Rooms For 2020 Olympic Bid
Published October 31, 2012
TOKYO'S DESIGN CONTEST: Tokyo 2020 announced the first round of selections for a design contest for the remodeling of the Kasumigaoka National Stadium. The Japan Sport Council, the stadium's owner, selected a total of 11 out of the 46 entries for the int'l design competition to update and remodel the venue in preparation for Tokyo's Olympic and Paralympic Bid and the IRB 2019 Rugby World Cup. The full list of entries selected to proceed to the second round:
- Cox Architecture pty Ltd. -- Alastair Ray Richardson (Australia)
- Populous - Rod Sheard (Great Britain)
- UNStudio/Yamashita Sekkei Inc. -- UNStudio VAN BERKEL EN BOS U.N. STUDIO B.V (The Netherlands)
- Zaha Hadid Architects -- Zaha Hadid (Great Britain)
- Tabanliogu Architects Consultancy Limited Company - Ihsan Murat Tabanlioglu (Turkey)
- Dorell.Ghotmeh.Tane / ARCHITECTS & A+ARCHITECTURE - Tsuyoshi Tane (France)
- Azusa Sekkei Co.,Ltd. - Fumihiko Sugitani (Japan)
- Toyo Ito & Associates -- Architects - Toyo Ito (Japan)
- SANAA + Nikken Sekkei Ltd -- Kazuyo Sejima (Japan)
- gmp International GmbH -- Hubert Nienhoff (Germany)
- Mitsuru Man Senda and Environment Design Institute -- Junko Senda (Japan) (Tokyo 2020).
ONE FINAL RIDE: Rio de Janeiro's Jacarepagua track has hosted its last auto racing event before the site is developed to make room for the 2016 Olympic Park, according to the AP. The track, previously home to F1, CART and MotoGP, is officially known as the Nelson Piquet Int'l Raceway (AP, 10/29).