Racing Finishes 2nd In GB Attendance Sebastian Coe To Talk To MPs Again RFU Could Impose Five-Year Rule Ecclestone Set To Be Eased Aside GPA CEO Identifies Greatest Challenge Players Urged Not To Sign BBL Deals Researchers Want College Sports Reform FIA Approves F1 Sale to Liberty Media League Notes NSWRL, QRL Each Demand Rep On ARLC
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBD Global/August 28, 2012/Leagues and Governing Bodies
ATP Says They Are Not Backing A Boycott Of The Australian Open
Published August 28, 2012
KEEPING THE PEACE: BLOOMBERG's Dan Baynes reported that the ATP released a statement, saying it is not "helping to organize a boycott of the Australian Open." The statement read, "The ATP has been clear and repetitive in telling players that it will not organize a boycott. Instead, ATP management and players have taken a diplomatic approach this year with the Grand Slams to address player compensation issues." The Florida-based ATP said it remains focused on having "active dialogue" with the four Grand Slams about player compensation for '13 and beyond (BLOOMBERG, 8/26). The AFP's Madeleine Coorey wrote former ATP Player Council President Todd Woodbridge, who is now Tennis Australia's head of professional tennis, said while the idea of a boycott had been "thrown around for a while," one was unlikely to happen. Woodbridge said, "I would be very shocked if that were to happen. I think we're in good shape" (AFP, 8/27).