2014 Reader Survey: College Sports Sherman Critical Of Several NFL Policies MASN Taking Aim At MLB Advance To Nats NHL, NHLPA Aim For Big Money World Cup Red Sox Willing To Go Over Luxury Tax Threshold Silver Optimistic About New Bucks' Arena Bahamas Hosting CBB Despite Gambling Executive Transactions 2014 Reader Survey: Motorsports Jeter Played No Role In Woods' Tribune Piece
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."