NBA's Silver Optimistic On CBA IOC Exec Thinks Innsbruck Could Land '26 Games U.S. Figure Skating Launches New Campaign Goodyear Officially Adds Wingfoot Two Blimp ESPN3 To Broadcast Glory 34 Denver Landon Donovan Lists La Jolla Home For $2.9M Kraft Wants New Revolution Stadium In Boston NFL Reopens Investigation Into Giants' Josh Brown FS1 Gets Record Overnight For NLCS Game 5 ISC Signs Multiyear Extension With Geico
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."