Mutombo Interested In Hawks Ownership Broadcasting & Cable HOF To Honor 12 TPG A Majority Stakeholder In CAA Leagues To File Against N.J. Betting Manning Leaving CFP Committee Overnight Ratings: NASCAR, CFB PGA Tour Names Tom Wade CCO Sources: Barclays Center Up For Sale Sources: Islanders Sale Price Was $485M
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."