PGA Tour Happy With Live Streams Boatright Named AD At Wichita State "Greater" Tells Story Of Arkansas Walk-On Naming Rights Sold For Field At Aloha Stadium Sabres Cap Season-Ticket Sales At 16,000 "Sports Reporters" To Feature All-Female Cast Benson Trial Date Against Estranged Family Set North Dakota State Battles FBS Temptations Raiders Zero In On Preferred Las Vegas Site Hope Solo's Future With NWSL Club In Doubt
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."