Judge Orders Goodell, Brady In Court Twice Lucchino Stepping Down From Red Sox IndyCar Drivers Want Racing At The Forefront Twitter Me This HOF Will Allow Seau's Daughter To Speak HOFers Steal The Show In NBA's Africa Exhibition MWR Co-Owner Kauffman Eyes More Competitive Teams Rousey Remains Dominant At UFC 190 Ad Exec To IOC: Focus On Mobile Content Quick Hits
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."