Root Sports Southwest Hires Peart RGV Vipers Break Ground On Arena NBA Schedules Noches Ene Be A Games Asics America Tops $1B In Annual Sales Judge Clears Way For Peterson Reinstatement Hawaii Athletics Gets $1.2M Gift PGA To Open Area At MSP Airport A's Lew Wolff Stresses Parking Cubs' Ownership Sales Support Wrigley Renovations Mike Sundet Leaving A-B For Momentum
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."