ESPN Renames Studio After Berman, Jackson Hendrick, Childress Highlight NASCAR HOF Induction Packer Late To Atlanta After Flight Complications NASCAR To Announce Format Changes To Cup Series DirecTV Now Adds 200,000 Subscribers In December UT Selects Turnkey To Find Next AD Colts Fire GM Ryan Grigson, Keep Chuck Pagano Michael Goldberg Passes Away At 73 Fitz And The Tantrums Perform At PGA Event Gregg Popovich Blasts President Trump
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."