Vivid Seats For Sale For $1.5B F1 Enters New Era in '17 Without Ecclestone Cost Of UNC Scandal Nearing $18M Lundquist Profiled On "Sunday Morning" Warriors Bring Awareness To Fraudulent Tickets Auto Club Speedway Celebrates 20th Anniversary Rule Changes Up For Vote At NFL Meetings Shaq Honored With Staples Center Statue Elite Eight Sites Draw Strong Crowds Source: Raiders Stadium Will Cost $200M Less
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."