MLB Postpones White Sox-Orioles Tonight Wasserman Tops L.A. Sports Most Powerful Mayweather-Pacquiao Benefited From Six-Year Delay Bartoszek Leading Seattle-Area Arena Group Angels Eat $60M To Send Hamilton To Rangers ESPN Sues Verizon Over TV Bundles NASCAR In Advanced Talks With DraftKings PGA Returning To Kiawah In '21 Oilers' Katz Partners With Movie Producer Silver USGA's Open Fan Experience In Seattle
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 27, 2014
The Portland OREGONIAN's John Canzano writes Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's visit to Rex Hill Vineyards this weekend "fell somewhere between a whisper and a state secret." Popovich in '02 "became the largest outside investor in the outfit now known as 'A to Z Wineworks,'" owned in part by his friends Bill and Deb Hatcher. The winery has since created a pinot noir, called Rock & Hammer, specifically for Popovich, who has "started tasting and collecting."
- Attendance problems at the Brickyard 400 "mirror those of NASCAR."
- "One Downtown, Two Empires: Mike Ilitch And Dan Gilbert Reshape Detroit."
- Do taxpayers "get their money's worth" by helping to build sports stadiums?
- Pan Am Games organizers take notes on "riots, blackouts, transit snarls."
- "How RSE Ventures Is Revolutionizing Business As We Know It."