Sprint Ad Featuring Durant Debuts Tonight Newest ESPN "30 For 30" Stars Bad Boy Pistons Pirates Sign Sponsorship With FedEx Ground Dierdorf To Call UM Football Games On Radio Swan Racing Re-Evaluating Team's Future Louisville Signs $40M Deal With Adidas Executive Transactions Herb Kohl Sells Bucks For $550M Rio Increases Budget For '16 Olympics Lexington Mayor Pushing Forward On Rupp Upgrades
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published December 15, 2013
The BOSTON GLOBE's Peter Abraham writes, "Baseball does not have a LeBron James or Peyton Manning, a player who is the face of the game. Or is that player now David Ortiz?" He has "ascended to the top of his sport with a combination of performance and personality that crosses lines of geography, fandom, age, and race."
- As Hollywood Park gets set to close this month, the track preps for its "last hurrah."
- The time is now for the NHL to answer for "the fighting culture it tacitly condones."
- Astros GM Jeff Luhnow "has a background in negotiating few others have."
- Wives of NFL coaches learn to "accept that they're married to football."
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell faced a steep learning curve in his first year on the job.
- Examining the sometimes-obscure roots of nicknames in professional sports.
- For athletes and events, '13 was a "year of overcoming the odds on a global scale."
- Late A's Owner Charley Finley's "free-agency idea was chaotic, but captivating."