Grizzlies Swap D-League Franchises Jazz Transfering Ownership To Family Trust Bernie Ecclestone Out As F1 CEO Hooters Back In NASCAR With Hendrick Deal Northwestern Mutual To Sponsor Brewers' Club Deloitte Has Long-Term Deal With USTA Marlins Extend Radio Broadcast Deal USF Set To Extend Stadium Lease Mixed Results For Conference Championship Ratings Patriots' Super Bowl Berth Produces Goodell Subplot
Published November 17, 2013
The Baltimore SUN offers a package of stories looking at the Univ. of Maryland's upcoming move to the Big Ten. Barker & Walker write under the header, "Anticipation And Uncertainty Reign At Maryland." Subhead: "Negativity Over Move Has Diminished, But Thousands Of Athletes, Students And Fans Anticipate Changed World."
In the wake of the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, Steelers Chair Dan Rooney reflects on the NFL's "mistake" of not postponing its slate of games while "an estimated one million Americans stood in line for countless hours to pay their respects" to Kennedy.
- A "peek behind the closed doors" of Denver's professional sports franchises.
- How instant replay has revolutionized sports on TV.
- Columnist says Boston should look at Turner Field’s fate before '24 Olympics bid.
- UFC evolves from controversial fighting league to mainstream organization.
- Former Magic execs Pat Williams, John Gabriel cope together during illnesses.
- Deferred compensation seen as double-edged sword for NBA players.