Accepting Entries For 8th Annual SBAs Vegas, New Orleans Lead Bowl Ratigs Tim Pernetti Talks Rutgers, NYC FC Northwestern AD Bullish On Facilities Project Profits To Drop Sharply For MSG Media Raptors Offer Peek At New Logo, Brand Identity Puma's Move To More Immersive Site Pays Off Sources: Goodell Says No L.A. Franchise In '15 CBS Nat'l Window, "SNF" See Blowouts Silver Hits On Host Of Topics In "OTL" Interview
Published November 17, 2013
The Baltimore SUN offers a package of stories looking at the Univ. of Maryland's upcoming move to the Big Ten. Barker & Walker write under the header, "Anticipation And Uncertainty Reign At Maryland." Subhead: "Negativity Over Move Has Diminished, But Thousands Of Athletes, Students And Fans Anticipate Changed World."
In the wake of the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, Steelers Chair Dan Rooney reflects on the NFL's "mistake" of not postponing its slate of games while "an estimated one million Americans stood in line for countless hours to pay their respects" to Kennedy.
- A "peek behind the closed doors" of Denver's professional sports franchises.
- How instant replay has revolutionized sports on TV.
- Columnist says Boston should look at Turner Field’s fate before '24 Olympics bid.
- UFC evolves from controversial fighting league to mainstream organization.
- Former Magic execs Pat Williams, John Gabriel cope together during illnesses.
- Deferred compensation seen as double-edged sword for NBA players.