HZDG To Create Campaogn For ICC In '17 Cubs Rolling Out "That's Cub" Campaign Florida Selects HOK To Design Football Facility Budapest Drops Out Of '24 Games Race USATF Acquires Penn Relays Media Rights Monster Energy Keeping NASCAR Girls' Outfits Dolphins Welcome Back Former Players LSU Athletics Turns $12M Profit In '15-16 Robert Kraft Profiled By "Real Sports" Bucks' New Video Board Goes Against NBA Grain
Published November 17, 2013
The Baltimore SUN offers a package of stories looking at the Univ. of Maryland's upcoming move to the Big Ten. Barker & Walker write under the header, "Anticipation And Uncertainty Reign At Maryland." Subhead: "Negativity Over Move Has Diminished, But Thousands Of Athletes, Students And Fans Anticipate Changed World."
In the wake of the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, Steelers Chair Dan Rooney reflects on the NFL's "mistake" of not postponing its slate of games while "an estimated one million Americans stood in line for countless hours to pay their respects" to Kennedy.
- A "peek behind the closed doors" of Denver's professional sports franchises.
- How instant replay has revolutionized sports on TV.
- Columnist says Boston should look at Turner Field’s fate before '24 Olympics bid.
- UFC evolves from controversial fighting league to mainstream organization.
- Former Magic execs Pat Williams, John Gabriel cope together during illnesses.
- Deferred compensation seen as double-edged sword for NBA players.