SEC Title Game Audience Down MLB Distributes $77M In Playoff Pay A-B InBev's Busch Brand Gets Super Bowl Ad Chargers Have Contacted L.A. Coliseum Ferrell To Star In E-Sports Comedy Fox To Broadcast MLS Cup Final In VR Colts-Jets Gets 6.0 Overnight Rating For ESPN Anta, Klay Thompson Negotiating Contract Extension NFLPA Launches New Business Accelerator Cubs' Average Price For Season Tickets Will Rise
Published November 17, 2013
The Baltimore SUN offers a package of stories looking at the Univ. of Maryland's upcoming move to the Big Ten. Barker & Walker write under the header, "Anticipation And Uncertainty Reign At Maryland." Subhead: "Negativity Over Move Has Diminished, But Thousands Of Athletes, Students And Fans Anticipate Changed World."
In the wake of the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, Steelers Chair Dan Rooney reflects on the NFL's "mistake" of not postponing its slate of games while "an estimated one million Americans stood in line for countless hours to pay their respects" to Kennedy.
- A "peek behind the closed doors" of Denver's professional sports franchises.
- How instant replay has revolutionized sports on TV.
- Columnist says Boston should look at Turner Field’s fate before '24 Olympics bid.
- UFC evolves from controversial fighting league to mainstream organization.
- Former Magic execs Pat Williams, John Gabriel cope together during illnesses.
- Deferred compensation seen as double-edged sword for NBA players.