Minnesota United Quiet On Construction Delays NHL Appoints Pandora's Heidi Browning CMO Oilers Want To Host Hockey's World Juniors, World Cup L.A. Council Questions Revised '24 Olympic Plans Cubs Sign Theo Epstein To Five-Year Extension Obama Addresses Kaepernick Protest ESPN Moving Greenberg From "Mike & Mike"? Mondelez Signs New Sponsorship With USOC Poll Shows Goodell Most Influential In Sports NFL Exec Says "Low Likelihood" Of China Game
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published February 24, 2013
The CHICAGO TRIBUNE’s Hopkins & Hersh examine the “chaos” around U.S. short-track speedskating.
- A look behind the scenes at the Mariners’ Spring Training in Peoria, Ariz.
- Florida Atlantic Univ.’s naming-rights deal with the GEO Group is called into question.
- A devoted NASCAR fan passed away in the Daytona infield Thursday after fulfilling his wish of visiting.
- The importance of Rory McIlroy’s equipment switch to Nike may be blown out of proportion.
- A BOSTON GLOBE review finds many athletes’ nonprofits fall short of standards for revenue spending on charity.
- Devils G Martin Brodeur at 40 continues to flourish as hockey’s Methuselah.
- N.Y. in the coming years will be put in the sports spotlight as it hosts several prominent events.
- An NHL-NHLPA joint committee is exploring the use of Ambien by players.
- NFL team execs said they are doing a lot of "digging into" players' social media usage.
- Diversity hiring in the NFL is lacking after no minority head coaching or GM candidates were hired this offseason.
- Will Baltimore officials vote to preserve Ticketmaster user fees to protect city's ability to attract big-time events?
- Michael Phelps is starring in the new season of Golf Channel's reality series "The Haney Project."
- Fights and temperamental outbursts are part of NASCAR’s long history.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the only full-time driver in the Sprint Cup Series hailing from N.C., a relative anomaly.
- The MIAMI HERALD’s Dan Le Batard thinks the Univ. of Miami has been treated unfairly by the NCAA.