Quote of the Day
"It's just plain stupid not to test the suits in a race before the Olympics."-– Dutch speedskater Mark Tuitert, on U.S. Speedskating blaming its new Under Armour suits for its struggles at the Sochi Games. (L.A. TIMES, 2/16)
NBC reporter Christin Cooper's interview with U.S. skier Bode Miller after he tied for a Bronze Medal in the men's super-G yesterday was "a shameful spectacle," according to David Bauder of the AP. Cooper "repeated essentially the same question -- a variation of 'how does it feel?' -- again and again and again until she not only drew tears, but a complete breakdown by Miller over the death of his younger brother within the past year." It was "tone-deaf and cruel, and short-circuited the thoughtful, intelligent perspectives Miller had started to offer until he couldn't talk anymore." It is "even more inexplicable that NBC felt the need to show it all; it wasn't live" ( AP, 2/17 ). In N.Y., Richard Sandomir writes under the header ...
Columnists call on Goodell to institute changes in NFL culture following Wells report.
Goodell earned over $44M from NFL in latest 12-month period.
The NBA All-Star Game entertains, but the Dunk Contest leaves many scratching their heads.
Adam Silver touts transparency in vision for NBA's future.
The Blues hope T.J. Oshie's newfound Olympic stardom will help draw more fans.
Lipinski, Weir emerge as breakout broadcast duo in Sochi.
Moreno negotiating outside Anaheim for new ballpark.
Austin Dillon drives the No. 3 to the Daytona 500 pole, but not all fans are happy the car is back.
- NBC's Cooper Under Fire For Miller Inter...
- NBC Down For Saturday Olympic Coverage
- Lazarus Talks NBC Coverage Mix, Costas P...
- NBCSN's Lipinski, Weir Seen As TV Revela...
- U.S.-Russia Sets Records For NBCSN
- NHL Debate Heats Up With U.S.-Russia
- USOC Not Concerned About Medal Count
- Old UA Speedskating Suits Don't Make A D...
- "Piggyback" Sponsors Cash In For Sochi G...
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Sochi Bl...