Quote of the Day
"You don't need people who are friends or think alike or your genre of friendship group to be on your staff. You need someone outside of that group."-– Basketball HOFer Phil Jackson, on why Bobcats Owner Michael Jordan has been unsuccessful as a front-office exec. ("The Seth Davis Show," CAMPUSINSIDERS.com, 10/27)
EA Sports last night said it is parting ways with Tiger Woods for its golf videogame, ending one of the gaming industry’s most prominent athlete endorsements after more than 15 years. The company said it is instead developing a golf game for the forthcoming Xbox One and PlayStation 4 without Woods, but did not disclose further details regarding potential licensed intellectual property beyond its existing, exclusive deal with the PGA Tour. The golf title also has been buttressed in recent years by the use of marks and imagery from Augusta National Golf Club. EA Sports had been one of Woods’ staunchest corporate supporters during his sex scandal-related troubles of ’09-10, and Woods’ connection to “Tiger Woods PG ...
NBC's quick start puts it on track to sell out '14 Sochi Games ads.
With just 100 days left, questions remain as to whether Russia is ready for the Olympics.
Red Sox-Cardinals Game 5 earns 10.0 overnight, easily topping ESPN's "MNF."
Looking to avoid fan backlash, MLB pulls Chevy's "Silverado Strong" promo from World Series Game 5.
NBA, teams eye marketing potential as Stats LLC's SportVU tech goes league-wide tonight.
Media writers opine on NBA studio shows, chemistry on set.
Lagardère augments golfer list with Crown Sports purchase.
MLS sees its second best attendance total since inception.
- SportVU Stats Could Find Uses Beyond Cou...
- T'Wolves Plan $100M Target Center Upgrad...
- Raptors, BMO Ink Deal Featuring Court Ad...
- New "Uncle Drew" Ad With Irving Debuts
- Kings Ready For Commercial-Free Broadcas...
- NBA Roundtable On Studio Shows, Talent C...
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough Q&A
- NBA Eastern Conference Franchise Notes
- NBA Western Conference Franchise Notes
- Warriors' S.F. Arena Costs Piling Up
- NBA Facility Notes
- Nets Lead Team Gains On Twitter, Faceboo...