Quote of the Day
"I don’t think people tune into the game to hear anyone break down the concussion issue and the safety issue of the sport."-- Fox' Troy Aikman, on how broadcasters should treat off-field issues during game telecasts. (THE DAILY)
The '13 NFL season begins tonight with Ravens-Broncos, and the league is coming out of an "especially tumultuous offseason, one in which the very nature of the game was scrutinized daily," according to Rick Maese of the WASHINGTON POST. The league is "trying to emerge from a dark cloud of player health and safety concerns and last week reached a proposed settlement with about 4,500 former players who were suing over concussions ." It also has "instituted new rules this season that will bar runners and tacklers from initiating contact with the crowns of their helmets and has stepped up its efforts to educate youth players on proper techniques." NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said of the lawsuit settlement, "I don’t know how it’s ...
Toronto FC parts ways with Kevin Payne after just nine months.
Pepsi looking to maximize its NFL partnership with new creative featuring all 32 teams.
Wilfs found to have enough money to cover stadium costs.
Texans see the most new followers on Facebook, Twitter since start of last season.
Sabres' new third jersey described as "hideous," "awful."
The 49ers are celebrating their final season in Candlestick Park with a series of promotions and events.
Several top NFL color analysts chime in on how calling games has changed in recent years.
Does IBM’s U.S. Open app come up aces or double fault?
- NFL Preps For '13 After Tumultuous Offse...
- Player Arrests Still Plague NFL
- Wilfs Can Afford Vikings Stadium
- 49ers Plan Candlestick Farewell
- Pepsi Expanding On NFL Sponsorship
- NFL Unveils New Line Of Women's Apparel
- Pro-Marijuana Ads Posted Near Mile High
- NFL Names & Faces
- NFL Roundtable
- DirecTV Upgrades Sunday Ticket App
- SI Debuts New Weekly NFL Video Program
- NFL Media Notes
- NFL Franchise Notes
- Ross Critized For $200M Donation To UM
- Giants' John Mara Profiled
- NFL Names In The News
- NFL Team Increases On Facebook, Twitter