Quote of the Day
"The fact that they just tore me apart was just heartbreaking. They didn’t even do their research. They called me the ‘Anna Kournikova of track.’ I am the American record-holder indoors. I have two world indoor titles and just because I don’t boast about these things I don’t think I should be ripped apart by media."-- U.S. hurdler Lolo Jones, appearing on the verge of tears, discussing the N.Y. Times article that debated her marketability against her on-track success. ("Today," NBC, 8/8)
U.S. women's soccer F Alex Morgan's 123rd-minute goal against Canada in the semifinals Monday "served as an exclamation point to 10 days of unprecedented dominance by American female athletes and an affirmation on the 40th anniversary of Title IX that women have made great strides in sports," according to Michelle Kaufman of the MIAMI HERALD. As of yesterday evening, the U.S. women "had outperformed the U.S. men, winning 20 gold medals to the men's 10, and 36 overall to 29." Sports Management Resources President Donna Lopiano said, "There is no doubt in anybody's mind this is a direct function of our having the strongest sports law in the world as far as gender equity." The American female swimmers "had their most successful meet since the ...
Global community rails against Stern's idea on Olympic changes.
BMW's in-stadium Minis raising concerns about sponsor activation in Games venues.
One writer calls on John Henry to sell Red Sox, who are "growing more unlikeable by the day."
Penn State drops just two two spots in CLC's annual rankings for '11-12 school year.
Bob Iger hints at ESPN's global strategy in Disney earnings call.
Phil Mickelson says he is a "substantial" investor in the O'Malley group's bid for the Padres.
All eyes are on leagues' battle with NJ over sports betting.
Jordan, Stern and other ballers set to host Obama fundraiser.
- SBD/SBJ Updates From London
- NBC Primetime Up From Beijing, But Getti...
- U.S. Women Dominating Headlines
- Jones Takes Heat For Marketability
- Raisman Has "Narrow Window" To Capitaliz...
- NBA's Stern Receives Backlash From Other...
- USA Boxing Hits Low Point In London
- BMW's Minis Raising Branding-Free Venue ...
- Chobani, GE, Coca-Cola Ads Scoring High
- Olympics Names In The News
- Tweeting The London Games
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...