Quote of the Day
"It's important for me to be there, greet people, shake hands. I thought about the first exhibition game, why don't we just sit in the stands instead of sitting in the owners' box? See what the facility feels like sitting as a quote regular fan. "– Prospective Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam III, during his introductory press conference. (AKRON BEACON JOURNAL, 8/4)
NBC Saturday night -- for the first time during the London Games -- drew a smaller primetime audience than it did for the same night during the '08 Beijing Games. The net finished with a 15.9 final rating and 28.0 million viewers for coverage featuring U.S. swimmer Michael Phelps’ final Olympic swim. Those figures are both down 11% from a 17.8 rating and 31.6 million viewers on the comparable night in ’08, which had live coverage of Phelps winning his record-setting eighth Gold Medal in Beijing, as well as Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt winning a Gold Medal in the 100 meters. Saturday night’s coverage also was the smallest audience of the London Games to date. NBC remains on track to deliver the highest rated, non-U.S. Olymp ...
At midway point, IOC and media largely praise London Games.
Roger Goodell estimates the sale of the Browns could come "in a matter of weeks."
Turner Sports set to complete buyout of Bleacher Report for an estimated $175M.
NBC extends its deal to air the French Open through '24.
How Univ. of Michigan athletics has overhauled its marketing.
Univ. of Illinois aims to outflank Northwestern with new "Our State" marketing effort.
As clock ticks, NHL labor talks held up by Fehr's counter move.
Broncos set record with 41,304 on hand for scrimmage.
- NBC Saturday Night Sees First Dip
- London Games Reach Midpoint
- IOC Eyeing Deal With Google Or Facebook
- Douglas' Gold Worth Millions In Endorsem...
- Majority Of Medal Winners Will Not Cash ...
- Phelps, USA Swimming Eye Partnership
- USATF Facing Organizational, Performance...
- On-Site Hospitality Tops $150M For Prest...
- IOC Officials Prevented From Attending E...
- Olympic-ized Wimbledon Was A Sight To Be...
- Rio 2016 CEO Seeks To Avoid Ticketing Di...
- Olympic Names In The News
- Tweeting The London Games
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...