Quote of the Day
"As programmers, we are charged to manage the business. And this is a business. It’s not everyone¹s inalienable right to get whatever they want. We are charged with making smart decisions for our company, for our shareholders and to present the product the way we believe is best. "-- NBC Sports Chair Mark Lazarus, in his first public comments defending the network’s Olympic coverage strategy. (THE DAILY)
NBC last night spoiled the results of Missy Franklin’s win in the 100-meter backstroke before the race aired during its primetime broadcast. NBC’s Dan Hicks wrapped up his call of Franklin’s swim in the 200-meter freestyle semifinal before going to a commercial break by saying, “How good can Missy Franklin be tonight? Finals of 100 back coming up.” A promo for this morning’s episode of “Today” then aired, carrying the voiceover, “When you’re 17 years old and win your first Gold Medal, there’s nobody you’d rather share it with. We’re there when Missy Franklin and her parents reunite.” The NBC broadcast returned to show Franklin preparing to run the backstroke ...
NBC sees first ratings drop from Beijing Games.
Lazarus defends NBC's decision to go with tape-delay coverage.
Twitter's impact on the London Games is being felt.
Fifty-percent of Britons think Olympics will be worth the price.
One day after announcing jersey deal with Chevy, ManU announces IPO will offer 10.2% stake in the club.
Despite approval, city and county at odds on Seattle arena.
NHL Kings execs say season-ticket inventory getting slim.
Burton U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships moving to Vail after three decades in Vermont.
- NBC Sees First Ratings Drop For London G...
- Lazarus Defends Tape-Delay Strategy
- Moonves: I'd Use Tape Delay For Olympics
- NBC Spoils Franklin's Swim With "Today" ...
- Franklin Could Miss Big Sponsorship Mone...
- Reporter Suspended From Twitter For NBC ...
- Twitter Taking Center Stage At London Ga...
- LOCOG Putting Tickets On Sale Nightly
- Cycling Tech Problems Could Have Been Av...
- U.S. Track & Field Athletes Upset Over I...
- Poll Shows Britons Are More Positive On ...
- Olympic Media Notes
- Olympic Names In The News
- Tweeting The London Games
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...