Quote of the Day
"It is our chance to show the world what we are all about, our chance to throw a great party."-- London Mayor Boris Johnson, on the city hosting the Olympics. (London INDEPENDENT, 7/27)
Seven years of “meticulous planning come to a spectacular climax” Friday night when the Olympic flame completes its 8,000-mile journey through the U.K. and “the eyes of the world turn to London” for the Opening Ceremony, according to Ashling O’Connor of the LONDON TIMES. The US$42M “visual feast conceived by Danny Boyle, the Oscar-winning director, will set the tone for the Games during the next 17 days and try to evoke the essence of Britishness, as the world’s biggest sports event comes to London for the third time since 1908.” LOCOG Chair Sebastian Coe said the Games were London’s “extraordinary journey,” and described its culmination as “the largest broadcast m ...
How much does NBC's huge investment in the Olympics influence its news coverage?
Thunder-Heat on Christmas Day highlights the '12-13 NBA television schedule.
Nets will christen Brooklyn, Barclays Center in opener against cross-town rival Knicks.
Suns President Casper resigns after less than a year in role.
Callaway lowers its sales forecast for the rest of the year.
Under Armour unveils Northwestern's new football uniforms.
MLS Red Bulls to wear season-tix holders' names on jerseys.
Tebow expected to boost local economy at Jets training camp.
- Let The London Games Begin
- London Prepares For Opening Ceremony
- NBC OK With Costas' Planned Moment Of Si...
- NBC News' London Delegation Dwarfs Rival...
- Canada's CTV Says CBC Infringed On Olymp...
- IOC Requests Political Ad Be Pulled
- Hilton, 24 Hour Fitness To Re-Up With US...
- Olympic Marketing Notes
- Michael Phelps Will Have Options After S...
- Stern: Nothing Definitive On Oly BBall A...
- Olympic Notes
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...