Quote of the Day
"He came to this city with a mouthful of promises and a pocketful of lies. He is a high-falutin, high-class huckster and hustler."-- Newark Mayor Cory Booker, on Devils Owner Jeff Vanderbeek after an independent arbitration panel ruled the team should get $2.7M annually in Prudential Center parking revenues. (AP, 4/4)
Marlins Park hosted its first regular-season game last night, and “it took just one night for the sparkling spaceship of a stadium to feel like home,” according to a front-page piece by Beasley & Rabin of the MIAMI HERALD. A crowd of 36,601 fans “shared in an unforgettable evening.” Beasley & Rabin write, “This wasn’t about a baseball game. Not on this night. It was Miami showing the world what it can do with roughly two-thirds of a billion dollars, and a boss with a taste for colors and curves.” Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria’s vision for the ballpark “was to create a unique entertainment experience that reflected the best of Miami,” and it is “hard to argue with his re ...
Newark Mayor Cory Booker shows rare anger in taking on Devils’ Vanderbeek.
Report has BCS officials focused on four playoff options.
“Costas Tonight” offers debate on problems in college sports.
MLB’s ESPN opener ratings flat with '11; what was wrong with Terry Francona’s mic?
Red Sox' Bobby V signs deal to appear on ESPN Radio N.Y.
MLS Dynamo have doubled their season-ticket base and club revenues at BBVA Compass Stadium.
Arizona State Univ. unveils plans for new Sun Devil Stadium.
MLB teams see marketing opportunity in Pinterest.
- Marlins Park Opens With Rave Reviews
- Marlins' Pregame Festivities Include Ali...
- Cardinals-Marlins Flat With '11 MLB Open...
- Yankees Again Top MLB Payrolls
- Mets Offer Two-For-One Deal For Opening ...
- City Officials Back MLB Giants' Mixed-Us...
- N.Y. Radio Show To Host Red Sox' Valenti...
- TWC-FSSD Padres Dispute Continues
- MLB, Teams Add Pinterest To Social Media...
- Media Outlets Celebrate Fenway Park At 1...
- MLB Media Notes
- MLB Franchise Notes: Cubs' Ricketts Conf...
- MLB Facility Notes