Quote of the Day
"Until we unite, it doesn’t matter. People can call our bluff. I have been trying to tell people that talent normally wins in negotiations. If Bono doesn’t want to go on tour, it falls apart. But until we unite as one voice, we’re not going to get what we want."-- Tennis player Andy Roddick, on players needing to form a union to voice concerns about playing conditions. (N.Y. TIMES, 9/9)
NBC earned a 17.2 overnight Nielsen rating for the Packers' dramatic 42-34 win over the Saints Thursday night from 8:45-11:45pm ET, marking the second-best NFL regular-season primetime game in 13 years. The rating is down 2.8% from a 17.7 overnight for last year's Vikings-Saints NFL Kickoff game. Thursday night's telecast peaked at a 18.8 rating just before halftime. NBC won the night among all networks, earning the best primetime average (8:00-11:00pm) for any net since Fox aired the season finale of "American Idol" on May 25. NBC also marked its best non-Olympic Thursday primetime average since the series finale of "Frasier" in May '04. New Orleans led all markets with a 57.7 local rating, while Milwaukee earned a 53.1 rating ( THE DAILY ...
After meetings that seem to move CBA talks forward, is next week key for NBA?
The U.S. Open has pushed the men's and women's finals back a day.
Jim Crane becoming impatient with MLB in Astros sale.
Michigan expecting record crowd for first night home game.
JetBlue to title sponsor Pats' online pregame show.
Jim Irsay is one of only a handful of top NFL team execs to embrace Twitter.
Cowboys, Steelers top NFL teams in Facebook followers.
The film version of "Moneyball" makes its debut at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Saints-Packers Earns 17.2 Overnight Rati...
- ESPN Denies Rift With Dish Network
- Goodell Expects HGH Testing Soon
- Briggs Not Worried About Fine For 9/11 C...
- Most NFL Team Execs Not On Twitter
- New Bud Light Ads Debut During Season Op...
- JetBlue To Title Sponsor Patriots' Onlin...
- Positive Reviews For NFL Films Episode O...
- FoxSports.com Upgrades NFL GameTrax
- Cowboys Top Forbes' NFL Valuations List
- Goodell Impressed By Lambeau Expansion P...
- Farmers Field Premium Seats Could Net $1...
- NFL Teams' Facebook "Likes," Twitter Fol...