SBD/16/Facilities Venues

STATE OF THE STADIUM: IT'S VETERANS DAY ... AGAIN

     THE SPORTS BUSINESS DAILY continues to look at the NFL's
infrastrucure with an examination of Philadelphia's Veterans
Stadium.
STADIUM: Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA
AGE: Build in 1971
CAPACITY: 66,386 --12th lowest in the league
MANAGEMENT: City of Philadelphia Parks and Recreation.
OWNERSHIP: Owned by the City of Philadelphia.
LUXURY
BOXES:
89 luxury penthouses, 59 super boxes, 44 restaurant clubboxes - controlled by team.
COST: Cost $63M and paid for through public bonds and self-sustaining loan. Roughly $5.6M in debt
CONCESSIONS: Ogden Leisure Services. 58.2% of general concessions to the Stadium, which is split 50/50 with the team. The remaining 41.8% of concessions goes to Ogden.
RENOVATION: Ongoing $32M renovation project over 5 years. New seats, more handicap seating, and councourse improvments.
PARKING: 12,000 parking spots at $6 a car -- all parking revenue to go towards new CoreStates arena.
ADVERTISING: Phillies receive all advertising revenue.
LEASE: Eagles' lease expires 2011.
RENT: $1.9 million - 13th highest in the league.

(Source: Jim Smith/Veterans Stadium, rent figure from a Florida Times Union article on July 24, 1994).
Return to top
Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug