Kraft Profile Examines Goodell Relationship Alamodome Seeking Naming-Rights Partner SC STL MLS Stadium Plan Once Again Stalls Avaya Stays On Earthquakes' Stadium For Now Falcons, Pats Sponsors Make Final Activation Push Warriors' Groundbreaking Keeps People Talking New UFC HQ To Feature Athlete Center Facility Notes Warriors Hold Lavish Arena Groundbreaking Glen Taylor Commits $9M More To Arena Upgrades
RED SOX READY TO BID FENS ADIEU?
Published November 11, 1994
Red Sox Exec VP John Buckley said yesterday that the Red Sox are willing to invest money in a coordinated plan that would tie together a downtown convention complex and a new baseball park. Buckley: "We've told every government official who has wanted to talk to us that we have to deal with the 82-year-old facility we have. But we seem to end up on the backburner as something to be dealt with later." Buckley said that the Red Sox have "all but ruled out rebuilding Fenway Park" because of prohibitive costs. Buckley added that the team was "disappointed" that last month's Boston Redevelopment Authority report on a new convention center and football stadium did not deal with the prospect of a baseball facility: "We are anxious to sit down as a developer/private investor to ensure baseball's future in the city of Boston, which should not be taken for granted." In a related development, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said that he would be willing to discuss a downtown stadium proposal (Phil Primack, BOSTON HERALD, 11/11).