Group Created with Sketch.
Volume 26 No. 224
  • Created with Sketch.
  • Created with Sketch.
  • Created with Sketch.

A Day In The Life With Feld Entertainment's Mike Muye

It may be the offseason for Monster Energy Supercross, but Feld Entertainment Senior Dir of Supercross Operations MIKE MUYE is keeping plenty busy. He's currently planning for October's all-star Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas, the upcoming Supercross season and the third iteration of the Monster Energy Supercross video game by developer Milestone S.r.l. Muye took some time out of his busy schedule to walk THE DAILY through what a typical day looks like for him.

6:30am: The first thing I like to do is go through my outlook calendar and see what I have coming up for the day. I always catch up on any emails that come throughout the night.

6:45-8:30am: I will walk the dogs to get the blood flowing a little bit. After walking the dogs, a lot of the morning is spent with projects and trying to get things done. I am kind of a morning person, so any of the "honey-do’s" I have to get done happen at this time. I usually have a breakfast on the go. Normally a bowl of cereal or a protein shake. I like Cap’n Crunch -- I know it’s a kid cereal but it’s good.

8:45am: I arrive at the office and do a quick walk around with our operational team members to just kind of see what they are working on for the day. I will see if there is anything needed from me and catch up on things from the past day. Monday through Wednesday is kind of our heavy meeting days. A lot of communication with the team is actually done via text message and email throughout the day.

9:30am-12:00pm: We’re working on a lot of different projects. This time of the year in the summer, which is the off months, we focus on the all-star event and Supercross. I kind of bounce back and forth between the two events happening. We’re also working on the Monster Energy Supercross videogame. We will be having meetings with the developer as they go through the process.

12:00pm: I normally try to get lunch around noon. Often times, it turns out to be just a protein shake and a working lunch. Our office is really large, so it actually takes a lot to even get to the car, so we don’t go out too much. A lot of the times, I will just bring something from home.

1:00-5:00pm: The afternoon is typically a lot of the same. I have meetings scheduled throughout the afternoon. I am also keeping up with phone calls and emails. Event days are a whole different animal. Saturday is our event days and they are all day.

5:00-7:00pm: As we get closer to 5:00 that is when I am able to start doing my work. I will be able to work with the teams and venues out on the West Coast, where most of our teams are actually based. Then I will head home.

Muye and his wife are expecting in October, so a lot of their free time is spent on baby prep
Muye and his wife are expecting in October, so a lot of their free time is spent on baby prep
Muye and his wife are expecting in October, so a lot of their free time is spent on baby prep

7:00-8:30pm: We’re expecting in October, so right now there seems to be a lot of baby prep. When we are in-season, home time at night is normally spent preparing for the next upcoming event or reviewing film from events past. I actually enjoy cooking. Living Florida, we have the luxury to be able to grill all year round. We do a lot of grilling at our house -- chicken, burgers, hot dogs, whatever.

8:30-11:00pm: I am a big news fan. I like to keep up with what is going on in the world. So, after dinner I will watch some news. Sometimes the wife doesn’t always agree with that, so we compromise and watch some Netflix series. Right now, we’re watching “Suits.” Then I try to bed at around 10:00 or 11:00

Know of someone who should be featured in "A Day in the Life"? Send a note to