Netball Australia CEO Expects TV Deal For ANZ Championship To Be Finalized This Week
Netball Australia is "on the verge" of announcing a TV deal for this year's ANZ Championship, according to Warren Partland of THE ADVERTISER. NA CEO Kate Palmer said that negotiations "were being finalised" and she expected to make an announcement this week. The sport has been "forced to chase" a new TV partner after Channel 10 ended its four-year association at the end of last season in July. Fox Sport telecast the int'l series last year and is "tipped to provide coverage" of the ANZ Championship starting on March 24. Palmer said, "We have been in discussions since Ten let us know they would not be continuing. But all the major broadcast deals were being done, and we are on the end of the line. The lesson for netball is not to do netball broadcast deals when the big sports are doing that" (THE ADVERTISER, 2/6).