Australia's National Rugby League Signs Five-Year, Int'l TV Deal With IMG Media
The National Rugby League secured a new int'l TV deal with IMG Media that will guarantee access to all Telstra Premiership matches, as well as State of Origin, Test matches played in Australia, AAMI City-Country and the Harvey Norman All Stars. The five-year partnership covers free-to-air TV, subscription TV, IPTV, mobile, in-ship, in-flight and gaming rights, as well as access to the NRL Films archive. Furthermore, it will provide fans with:
- Guaranteed TV coverage in markets such as the U.K., U.S., Pacific and Asia.
- Access to all games in HD either through TV or online platforms, as well as access to a 30-minute weekly highlights show.
- A free digital NRL Channel for int'l fans featuring match vision and a mobile NRL app.
- All NRL and State of Origin matches available on a live or near-live basis via TV or online, mobile apps, smart TVs or other media platforms.
- Int'l fans in regions where there is no TV or IPTV rights deals in place will be able to access matches for free on a leading web destination, such as YouTube or USTREAM.
MORE COVERAGE: Meanwhile, ESPN and Euroleague Basketball announced a new agreement for hosting live and delayed coverage in the U.K. Under the new deal, fans will have access to the Turkish Airlines Euroleague with a weekly "Game of the Week." ESPN's coverage will begin on Dec. 27 (Euroleague Basketball).