Twitter Me This...
Championship club Wolverhampton midfielder JAMIE O'HARA "will close his Twitter account after sparking a social media fury on Wednesday following a claim about his hard life as a professional footballer." O'Hara, who is thought to be paid about £35,000 ($56,200) a week, posted a tweet "where he appeared bemoan his life situation, longing for easier days on £100 ($160) a week." Below are O'Hara's string of tweets (London DAILY MAIL, 12/6).
- "Things were so much easier when I earned 100pound a week on wts #stress."
- "Why do people think cos I earn good money I don't have bills to pay we all pay tax an we have mortgages to pay, some people are deluded"
- "Had a good think last night and today is my last day on Twitter. I'll be starting a private Facebook account and anyone who is a genuine fan can send me a friend request.
- Too many trolls on here with nothing nice to say, sorry to people that actually like following me but I'll let you know what my Facebook account is.
- Thanks to my real fans on here. It's a shame that there's too many a******** would love to see some of them face to face because I'm sure they wouldn't say it to my face, they'd probably ask for a picture sums up society these days."
If you see a tweet we will not want to miss, send it to us at email@example.com.