São Paulo Mayor Reveals City Is Ready To Make All Necessary Investments To Keep Grand Prix
Newly elected São Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad has promised that the city will not let the Brazilian Grand Prix move away from the Interlagos circuit, according to Bruno Gecys of IG. Haddad told reporters during Sunday's race the city was ready to make all the necessary investments. Haddad said, "The city hall has all the interest in making the investments. There is already a plan to start the talks on long-term renovations. The terms and volumes of the investments have to be compatible." The stay of the Interlagos circuit on the F1 calendar "depends on reforms to the track." Haddad has the intentions of making all the changes demanded. He added, "The city hall is interested in having a modern circuit, in equal conditions to other modern circuits around the world. And we know how much the teams and pilots enjoy Interlagos. Therefore, modernizing it and making it up-to-date is part of the work of the city hall." Haddad also revealed that he had already had discussions with F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone (IG, 11/25).