Weekend Hot Reads....
The N.Y. TIMES' Scott Cacciola characterizes the recently released NBA constitution and bylaws as "a 78-page document full of mind-numbing legalese, including a four-page glossary and countless references to entities, guarantors and provisions." The constitution has "become one of the most important -- and visible -- documents" at the center of the Donald Sterling scandal.
The WALL STREET JOURNAL's Alexandra Wolfe profiles former Yankees P Mariano Rivera in her regular "Weekend Confidential" feature. Rivera opens up about "leaving baseball, finding faith and his new memoir." Rivera: "I miss taking my place in the field."
- The EPL's final Sunday is "less suspenseful than NBC deserved."
- A "determined band of workers" prepared Miller Park for the MLB season.
- The NBA "should give deeper thought to professionalism" in the locker room.
- Why Cleveland's sin tax passed, "despite the team owners' baggage."
- Tales from the "baseball marriage" of Nationals SS Ian Desmond and wife, Chelsey.