Clear Channel Communications Chair & CEO Bob Pittman is featured in today's N.Y. TIMES "Corner Office" Q&A under the header, "The Dissenters Must Be Heard." Pittman's pet peeve? "Somebody who takes a very long time to get to the point."
The Baltimore SUN offers a package of stories looking at the Univ. of Maryland's upcoming move to the Big Ten. Barker & Walker write under the header, "Anticipation And Uncertainty Reign At Maryland." Subhead: "Negativity Over Move Has Diminished, But Thousands Of Athletes, Students And Fans Anticipate Changed World."
In the wake of the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, Steelers Chair Dan Rooney reflects on the NFL's "mistake" of not postponing its slate of games while "an estimated one million Americans stood in line for countless hours to pay their respects" to Kennedy.
- A "peek behind the closed doors" of Denver's professional sports franchises.
- How instant replay has revolutionized sports on TV.
- Columnist says Boston should look at Turner Field’s fate before '24 Olympics bid.
- UFC evolves from controversial fighting league to mainstream organization.
- Former Magic execs Pat Williams, John Gabriel cope together during illnesses.
- Deferred compensation seen as double-edged sword for NBA players.