Weekend Hot Reads....
The CINCINNATI ENQUIRER's Cliff Peale writes under the header, "Investing In Sports A Risky Bet For Colleges." Athletics is "among the biggest examples of the eruption in spending by universities that has experts concerned about whether higher education can sustain itself."
The K.C. STAR's Vahe Gregorian writes Chiefs Chair & CEO Clark Hunt's actions in the weeks following the murder-suicide involving LB Jovan Belcher "go a long way toward defining Hunt’s leadership and reflect a studied but emboldened approach to the role."
- The Rays' stadium delays have team, cities in limbo.
- Colorful MLB managers are a dying breed.
- Latest NCAA violations "expose farce" of the system.
- The business of boxing flourishes despite doomsayers.
- Sports concussion panel addresses violent culture in NFL.
- A profile of MLB arbitrator Fredric Horowitz.
- Documents detail Bills' stadium lease negotiations.
- How the Coyotes kept competing without an owner.
- Defending Bruno Mars as the Super Bowl halftime act.