Weekend Hot Reads....
The N.Y. TIMES’ Bill Morris discusses criticism of the money and mania Duke Univ.’s basketball program generates.
The CHICAGO TRIBUNE’s Hopkins & Hersh examine the “chaos” around U.S. short-track speedskating.
- A look behind the scenes at the Mariners’ Spring Training in Peoria, Ariz.
- Florida Atlantic Univ.’s naming-rights deal with the GEO Group is called into question.
- A devoted NASCAR fan passed away in the Daytona infield Thursday after fulfilling his wish of visiting.
- The importance of Rory McIlroy’s equipment switch to Nike may be blown out of proportion.
- A BOSTON GLOBE review finds many athletes’ nonprofits fall short of standards for revenue spending on charity.
- Devils G Martin Brodeur at 40 continues to flourish as hockey’s Methuselah.
- N.Y. in the coming years will be put in the sports spotlight as it hosts several prominent events.
- An NHL-NHLPA joint committee is exploring the use of Ambien by players.
- NFL team execs said they are doing a lot of "digging into" players' social media usage.
- Diversity hiring in the NFL is lacking after no minority head coaching or GM candidates were hired this offseason.
- Will Baltimore officials vote to preserve Ticketmaster user fees to protect city's ability to attract big-time events?
- Michael Phelps is starring in the new season of Golf Channel's reality series "The Haney Project."
- Fights and temperamental outbursts are part of NASCAR’s long history.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the only full-time driver in the Sprint Cup Series hailing from N.C., a relative anomaly.
- The MIAMI HERALD’s Dan Le Batard thinks the Univ. of Miami has been treated unfairly by the NCAA.