Binge Watching With Celsius President & CEO John Fieldly
This week, THE DAILY caught up with JOHN FIELDLY, President & CEO of Celsius Healthy Energy Drinks, to break down what's on his watch list. Some responses have been edited for clarity and brevity:
- Lately with COVID going on, I've been spending a lot of time binge watching JOHN CANDY movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime -- everything from "SUMMER RENTAL" to "PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES" to "COOL RUNNINGS." He was such an amazing actor. Cool Runnings is talking about the underdog Jamaican bobsled team making a comeback and winning, and it goes back to: if you put your mind to it, you can do anything.
- THE ASHER HOUSE revolves around helping animals rehabilitate and also finding homes for animals. LEE ASHER does a reality TV show on YouTube and through his Instagram that chronicles his work, touring cross country from shelter to shelter and helping animals find a home. I noticed he was consuming Celsius in one of the interviews going through one of these shelters, and we wound up actually partnering with him.
- I watch a lot of these home improvement, flipping shows. I'm a do-it-yourselfer at home, always doing things around the house and wanting to get dirty and whatever it takes. "PROPERTY BROTHERS" is phenomenal, the inter-family relationship with the sibling rivalry and what they're able to build and create. Once those guys put their minds to something, they do it, and I think that's key in life.
- "CAKE WARS" is always a fun show, where they have a good cake-cooking competition. A lot of these cake-baking shows are pretty competitive. The judges are phenomenal and it's really about that competitive nature. I've made some of the cakes with my family at home and tried to replicate some of the cakes. It's relaxing. It's fun. Plus, they look and taste delicious!
- We've been binge watching the old "POLICE ACADEMY" movies, really going back to the '80s and '90s comedy movies at the house. It's just traditional comedy. It's such a stressful time these days with everything that's going on in the world, and going back brings a whole different perspective. It's light. It brings you back in time and it's downright funny.
Interested in sharing your binge-watching favorites with the industry? Contact Andrew Levin at email@example.com.