Cris Carter Officially Out At Fox Sports, Morning Show Will Continue
Fox Sports this morning parted ways with Cris Carter, who co-hosted the FS1 morning show "First Things First." In a terse statement emailed to THE DAILY, a Fox Sports spokesperson simply said, "Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports. There is no further comment at this time." Carter has not appeared on the show that he co-hosted with Nick Wright since Oct. 30. Former NFLer Chris Canty has filled in for Carter over the past week. The show will continue, but Fox Sports has not decided who will step in as a permanent replacement for Carter. Last week, The Big Lead broke the news that Fox Sports suspended Carter. It is not yet known what happened to cause the rift between the Pro Football HOFer and the network (John Ourand, THE DAILY). In N.Y., Andrew Marchand notes there have been reports that Carter was "miffed about not being a part" of Fox' "TNF" studio show. However, that is "not the reason he was let go." While he may have been upset about not being a part of the "TNF" cast, sources said that the "matter at hand is more serious." It is "unknown at this time what the exact nature of the disagreement" was (N.Y. POST, 11/7).