Going Off The Grid: Execs Talk Improvements To MLB All-Star Game, NHL Jerseys
"Going Off The Grid" is a weekly survey of sports execs and personalities offering their thoughts on a handful of pressing (and trivial) issues in sports and pop culture. This week, panelists offer possible improvements to the MLB All-Star Game and share thoughts on Adidas' new NHL jerseys.
- NBC Sports Group VP/Business & Legal Affairs Wendy Bass
– Checks people.com on a regular basis.
- Penguins Senior VP/Sales & Broadcasting Terry Kalna
– Watches "The Bachelor" every now and then.
- ESPN VP/espnW & Growth Initiatives Leah LaPlaca
– Pop culture interests include a mix of TV dramas, People magazine and HGTV marathons.
- Kentucky Speedway VP/Corporate Sales Matt Alexander
– Enjoys listening to impactful new bands and songs.
|Going Off The Grid|
|Best way to improve MLB All-Star festivites||Marvel or DC comics?||Most powerful woman in sports (non-affiliated)||Thoughts on the new Adidas NHL jerseys||Favorite summer beverage|
|Team relay races around the bases||DC - Wonder Woman!||NBPA Exec Dir Michele Roberts||Sleek and innovative||Sangria|
|Increase fan interactions||All in on Batman, so DC I guess (my kids say LEGO Batman)||ISC CEO Lesa France Kennedy||Big win for the NHL - love the Golden Knights and Wild||Margarita - rocks and salt|
|Just glad it doesn't determine World Series home field anymore||Marvel||Lakers President Jeanie Buss||Progressive, sharp||Iced tea with lemon|
|Add other skills competitions||Marvel||Condoleezza Rice||They will assist with merchandise sales||Lemonade mixed with "sponsored" beverage
Do you want to get your thoughts in the Grid? If so, shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.