Going Off The Grid: Execs Share Favorite Baseball Announcer, Summer Drink Of Choice
"Going Off The Grid" is a weekly survey of sports execs and personalities offering their thoughts on a handful of pressing (and trivial) issues in sports and pop culture. This week, our experts share their favorite baseball announcer and summer drink of choice.
- Delaware North Sportservice President Carlos Bernal
– Enjoys smart technology and craft beers.
- Iowa State Manager of Athletics Turf/Grounds Tim Van Loo
– As an "educated country boy," he tries to stay away from anything pop culture.
- Earthquakes Exec VP Jed Mettee
– Is interested in athlete entreprenuers.
- ECHL COO Ryan Crelin
– His interest in pop culture is stuck somewhere in the late '90s.
|Going Off The Grid|
|Favorite baseball announcer?||Summer drink of choice||Fernando Alonso racing in the Indy 500 is...||Best uniform in sports?||Favorite tailgating food?|
|Vin Scully||Moscow Mule||He's a world champion -- it's going to be exciting to see him compete||The Astros' original uniform||Sausage, peppers and onions|
|Al Kaline||Arnold Palmer||He's a guy who is confident in his ability and wants to see how far it will take him||Yankees pinstripes||Any smoked meat!|
|Jerry Trupiano||Lemonade||Amazing||Univ. of New Hampshire's blue hockey jerseys||BBQ ribs|
|Gary Cohen||Whatever is in my kegerator||(Idle stare)||Sharks. Including the beards||Who cares? We're tailgating!|
Do you want to get your thoughts in the Grid? If so, shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.